In CIS 1055 we’ve been listening to presentations about modern topics in computing and these are the choice bits for your consumption:
- Students often collaborate with pages called wikipedias.
- The internet is a democratic democracy
- In web 1.0, you could only get information from 1 source, making web 2.0 unbiased
- Advertising in Web 1.0 was done with a DoubleClick
- Web 2.0 is more dependent on the internet than web 1.0
- Linux has slower audio than most other OSs
- Posting bandwidth to the podcast can be expensive
- Podcasting has replaced the needs for schools
- Modern monitors can display 1024 by 768 megapixels
- RSS feeds are often collected by news alligators
The final coup de gras of content was committed by a group playing the “When you wish upon a weinstein” song from Family Guy.