I would have sold my trade stock the minute after the last Ockanickon Magic Tournament if I could have, but the guy I sell to had something called “sleep” he wanted to do when I called him at 11 PM yesterday.Â So, today I packed my car with Magic cards and paraphernalia, drove to Moorestown, NJ and dropped off the rest of my once mighty collection.
Me: I want this out of my house.
Buyer: Ok, it’s going to take me a few hours to price this.Â Do you want to wait?
Me: No, I just want this out of my house.
Buyer: So, just price it, cut you a check later?
Me: Yes, I just want this out of my house.
What remains of my collection is now tripartite:
- A deck built entirely out of 6″ x 9″ promotional cards from the 90s.
- My big box consisting of 3000 or so sleeved unique cards from between Urza’s Legacy and Zendikar.
- 1 Imperial Seal that has f-ing evaporated.
This I now have more off than Magic cards:
- Star Trek: Collectible Card Game cards
- Star Wars: Collectible Card Game cards
I’m not sure how to get rid of those.Â Ebay, Craigslist, bonfire, or use them in some elaborate prank where I replace someone’s Vintage deck with my nigh unstoppable Soong-Type Android deck (it’s essentially the ST:CCG equivalent of Workshop).
An era of my leisure life is now closed.