I intended to drop off of low carb eating in advance of the Rock n’ Roll half-marathon and have ended it a bit earlier than I intended. I thought I’d ease back into eating carbohydrates but, well, did not. Returning to sugar has triggered some things. Here are my notes:
- Pears are f-ing awesome.
- Bananas are f-ing awesome.
- Apples are f-ing awesome.
- A slice of cake after the above slows my metabolism down to the point where I can hibernate.
- A second slice of cake slows it further to the point where I feel I can begin to see through time.
- There’s a shift in bowel movement that accompanies entering and leaving keto. Â Entering, I have a poop that looks like ground up mummies, exiting, I have a bowel movement so powerful it could chip porcelain.